WEBMEDIA 2018 – XXIV BRAZILIAN SYMPOSIUM ON MULTIMEDIA AND WEB
16 – 19 October, 2018
IFBA’s rectory – Salvador, Bahia
CALL FOR PAPERS
Annually organized, the WebMedia is the main scientific forum of the Brazilian Society of Computing (SBC) in Multimedia, Hypermedia and Web areas.
The twenty fourth edition will be placed in Salvador, between the days 16 and 19 of October, 2018.
We invite the community to share experiences and research results, through the submission of scientific papers, which describe solutions and move the state of the art forward in the areas and topics of this event. The submitted papers are evaluated in terms of originality, technical quality, relevance, presentation (organization, style and clarity) and adequacy of references on the state of the art of the covered topics.
The authors can submit a full or short version of your paper. The full version (between 6 and 8 pages) needs to describe a substantial research substantiated of completed results. Short version (4 pages) can describe the research in progress and have to show partial results.
This year we are pleased to announce that the Comissão Especial de Sistemas Multimídia e Web (CE-WebMedia) disposed financial resource to help the authors of selected papers. Detailed instructions on the terms of the assistance will be presented soon.
The support of CE-WebMedia for the participation of WebMedia’2018 shall apply only to brazilian students and associates of SBC. The amount, values, ways of support, the rules of participation will be defined later, according to the demand and the amount of resources available.
Here is the non-exhaustive list of topics of interest of WebMedia’2018:
– Applications and services
– Architectures, processes and methodologies
– Collaboration, interactive environments
– Content adaptation, personalization and recommendation
– Content analysis, coding and processing
– Content authoring, enrichment and annotation
– Content delivery, transport, sharing and security
– Content search, retrieval and visualization
– Content synchronization and presentation
– E-commerce and e-payment systems
– Mashups, RIA, apps and others Web 2.0 applications
– Mobile and Wearable devices and Internet of Things (IoT)
– Multi/hypermedia document engineering and Web engineering
– Multimedia and Web content management
– Multimodality and multisensorial approaches
– Novel interactions, user interfaces, usability, accessibility and user experience
– Semantic Web, linked data, annotations, metadata and ontologies
– Social networks analysis, opinion analysis and social and emergent semantics
– Standards for documents and multimedia content, models and languages
– Systems and middleware
– Test and validation of systems and applications
The papers can be written in portuguese and english*, the title and the abstract of the portuguese articles need to be in english, and optionally an abstract in Portuguese. This is a ACM requirement, even if the article is in portuguese, the title and the abstract need to be in english.
Papers must be written so as to allow double-blind review, which means that authors need to ensure that their submissions do not give away their identity, both in the text and in the references
The proceedings of the event, containing the full or short papers, will be published in the ACM Digital Library. This apply to only the papers whose authors comply with the deadlines established for submission of the final version to the publisher responsible for the proceedings. In addition, the publication will be subject to the registration of at least one of its authors in the event in the “professional” category.
To increase the chance of acceptance, all authors are encouraged to review previous Webmedia publications to see if their theme fits the symposium’s lines of interest. In addition, include references to articles with similar topics already published on Webmedia. In doing so, it is demonstrated to the reviewers that their article builds something new in research already published at that symposium, and that the subject of the article is within the mission of Webmedia.
Submissions should be made in PDF, following the standard ACM format. Use the ACM_SigConf template. You can use ShareLatex online template or search the ACM Latex and Word set of templates that are available here. Choose the ACM conference template (proceedings SigConf).
All articles must be submitted electronically by the JEMS System. (click here).
In addition to submission to the main event, authors are also invited to submit papers for the following categories of events:
XVIII Thesis and Dissertations Workshop (WTD)
XVII Tools and Applications Workshop (WFA)
XV Workshop on Undergraduate Research Work (WTIC)
V Workshop CT-Video / RNP
Papers accepted in workshops and mini-courses will be published electronically. The form, deadlines and specific rules of submission of papers for these events of WebMedia’2018 are in their respective pages available from the official website of the event (www.sbc.org.br/webmedia or webmedia.org.br ).
* Only articles written in English will compete for the best paper.
WebMedia 2018 – Organization and Committees